Sara Farley, Brielle, New Jersey
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch, sugar, broth and soy sauce
- until smooth; set aside. In a small skillet, stir-fry the broccoli
- and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Stir broth mixture and add to
- broccoli mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or
- until broccoli is tender and sauce is thickened. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 171 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 779 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.