Stir-Fried Beef 'n' Beans Recipe
Garlic, ginger and soy sauce lend a robust flavor to this meaty marinated dish. My mother-in-law took cooking lessons while living in Japan and brought back this recipe. It has become a favorite of family and friends...even those who don't usually eat green beans. -Kristine Lowry, Bowling Green, Kentucky
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, water, ginger, garlic and 2 tablespoons oil until smooth. Set aside 1/2 cup. Pour the remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 25-30 minutes.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from beef. In a wok or skillet, stir-fry beef in remaining oil for 4-6 minutes or until browned. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, stir-fry the beans, sugar and salt for 15 minutes or until crisp-tender.Stir in the beef and reserved marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC