Stir-Fried Beans with Pecans
Made with fresh-from-the-garden green beans and onions, this side dish gets gobbled up by our six kids. Pecans add a bit of crunch.— Kathy Klingensmith, Riesel, Texas
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 pound fresh wax beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beans in oil for 4-5 minutes. Add
- remaining ingredients; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes longer or until
- vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 163 calories, 13 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 361 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.