Stir-Fried Basil Chicken Recipe
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-3/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 6 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cups sliced bok choy
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1. In a large resealable bag, combine the water, soy sauce and sugar; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a wok or skillet, stir-fry the onions in 1 teaspoon oil until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic and pepper flakes; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Drain and discard any marinade from chicken. In the same wok, stir-fry chicken in 3 teaspoons oil for 4-5 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 4. Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute the bok choy in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add onion mixture to chicken. Stir in basil; heat through. Serve with bok choy. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 317 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 44 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer