- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-3/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 6 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cups sliced bok choy
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- In a large resealable bag, combine the water, soy sauce and sugar; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a wok or skillet, stir-fry the onions in 1 teaspoon oil until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic and pepper flakes; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove and keep warm.
- Drain and discard any marinade from chicken. In the same wok, stir-fry chicken in 3 teaspoons oil for 4-5 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute the bok choy in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add onion mixture to chicken. Stir in basil; heat through. Serve with bok choy. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Stir-Fried Basil Chicken
Sort By :
Added jalapeno for more kick and tonight I'm using zuchinni, mushrooms and yellow onions vs. bok choy serve over shirataki noodles(no cals or carbs) for a low carb/low cal meal...yummy
I made this recipe today and it was delicious. It was also very easy to make. Gave me something to do with all the basil that I have planted in my garden.
We enjoyed this recipe. I'd never worked with bok choy before and really enjoyed its fresh flavor. An FYI, if you are as stumped as I was on how to properly chop it, I prepped it like I would celery, but I used the leaves, too.
Next time, I'm adding sliced sweet red peppers. Thanks for the recipe!
Easy and delicious. We loved it. A keeper!
This was really good. Everyone enjoyed it. The only thing I did different was I cooked the onion and garlic with the chicken then threw in bok choy. No need to use two different pans.