- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-3/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 6 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cups sliced bok choy
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- In a large resealable bag, combine the water, soy sauce and sugar; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a wok or skillet, stir-fry the onions in 1 teaspoon oil until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic and pepper flakes; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove and keep warm.
- Drain and discard any marinade from chicken. In the same wok, stir-fry chicken in 3 teaspoons oil for 4-5 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute the bok choy in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add onion mixture to chicken. Stir in basil; heat through. Serve with bok choy. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Stir-Fried Basil Chicken
"The flavors in this stirfy, particularly the basil, garlic, onion, and red pepper flakes, are amazing. A unique dish that's healthy and absolutely delicious!"
"Added jalapeno for more kick and tonight I'm using zuchinni, mushrooms and yellow onions vs. bok choy serve over shirataki noodles(no cals or carbs) for a low carb/low cal meal...yummy"
"I made this recipe today and it was delicious. It was also very easy to make. Gave me something to do with all the basil that I have planted in my garden."
"We enjoyed this recipe. I'd never worked with bok choy before and really enjoyed its fresh flavor. An FYI, if you are as stumped as I was on how to properly chop it, I prepped it like I would celery, but I used the leaves, too.Next time, I'm adding sliced sweet red peppers. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Easy and delicious. We loved it. A keeper!"
"This was really good. Everyone enjoyed it. The only thing I did different was I cooked the onion and garlic with the chicken then threw in bok choy. No need to use two different pans."
"marvelous combination of flavors. We loved it!"
"This was an easy, healthy meal. I've never used that much basil in anything, and was pleasantly surprised with the basil flavor."
"This was a huge hit at my house. Basil is easy to grow, and this gives me a chance to use lots of it!"