Stir-Fried Asparagus with Slivered Almonds
Asparagus is one of my favorite veggiesI grew up in Stockton, California, where there's an annual festival to celebrate it. I like it best stir-fried.Carolyn Sutter, Orangevale, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry asparagus in butter and oil for 2
- minutes. Stir in the broth, lemon juice, soy sauce and pepper. Cover
- and cook for 2-3 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Sprinkle with
- almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 122 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.