"Here's one of my very favorite recipes for that first early-spring asparagus," writes Marie Hattrup from Sparks, Nevada. "Stir-frying keeps the texture crisp but tender; lemon and soy sauce make for a light tasty coating, and the toasted almonds add a flavorful crunch."
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet or wok, heat oil; stir-fry the asparagus, onion and garlic over medium-high heat until tender. Add the almonds, lemon juice, soy sauce and lemon peel; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stir-Fried Asparagus in Country Woman March/April 2005, p40
Reviews for Stir-Fried Asparagus with Sliced Almonds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 31, 2012
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2010
"At this time of year, we get tired of eating the vegetable in season. This was wonderful and I didn't just taste that same old asparagus again!"