Stir-Crazy Apple-Sausage Skillet Recipe
—Taste of Home Cooking School
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 package Eckrich® Smoked Sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 thinly sliced tart apples
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large non-stick skillet, stir-fry sausage over medium heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add pepper and onion; stir-fry an additional 2 minutes.
- 2. Add apples, chili sauce and jelly; cook and stir until apples are tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in tomato; cook and stir until heated through, about 1 minute. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC