Stir-Crazy Apple-Sausage Skillet
—Taste of Home Cooking School
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 package Eckrich® Smoked Sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 thinly sliced tart apples
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large non-stick skillet, stir-fry sausage over medium heat until
- lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add pepper and onion; stir-fry an
- additional 2 minutes.
- Add apples, chili sauce and jelly; cook and stir until apples are
- tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in tomato; cook and stir until heated
- through, about 1 minute. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now