Sticky Toffee Rice Pudding with Caramel Cream Recipe
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked medium grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups pitted dates, chopped
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, rice and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until rice is tender. Add dates and milk; cook and stir for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, 1 cup cream and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir into rice mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the sour cream, caramel topping and remaining cream until slightly thickened. Serve with warm rice pudding. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Sticky Toffee Rice Pudding with Caramel Cream in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p121
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sticky Toffee Rice Pudding with Caramel Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review