Sticky Toffee Rice Pudding with Caramel Cream Recipe
The once homely rice pudding gets the Cinderella treatment in this comforting dessert that delivers on the sticky toffee flavor. It has just the right amount of thickness for soaking up a hot caramel topping. —Janice Elder, Charlotte, North Carolina
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked medium grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups pitted dates, chopped
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, rice and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until rice is tender. Add dates and milk; cook and stir for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, 1 cup cream and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir into rice mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the sour cream, caramel topping and remaining cream until slightly thickened. Serve with warm rice pudding. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Sticky Toffee Rice Pudding with Caramel Cream in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p121
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sticky Toffee Rice Pudding with Caramel Cream(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review