- the flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, cinnamon and baking soda;
- gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in date mixture, orange peel
- and vanilla.
- Fill six greased 4-in. fluted tube pans two-thirds full. Bake at
- 375° for 14-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in brown sugar and
- cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove
- from the heat. To serve, invert puddings onto dessert plates. Serve
- warm with sauce and ice cream or whipped cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor’s Note: To bake in 10-oz. ramekins, divide among six greased ramekins. Bake at 375° for 22-26 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pudding with 1/4 cup sauce (calculated without ice cream or whipped topping) equals 999 calories, 48 g fat (29 g saturated fat), 240 mg cholesterol, 894 mg sodium, 138 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 10 g protein.