- 2 cups coarsely chopped pitted dates (about 12 ounces)
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE:
- 7 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine dates and water; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in baking soda. Cool to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, mix flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in date mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly in pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter; add brown sugar and cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Stir in brandy and vanilla. Serve warm with warm cake. If desired, top with whipped cream. Yield: 15 servings (2-1/2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Sticky Toffee Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce in Taste of Home December/January 2013, p71
Reviews for Sticky Toffee Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2013
"Excellent recipe. Easy to prepare and the family loved it."
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2013
"would it be possible to get the nutritionalvalues for this recipe. Need them as amdiabetic. Also would like them for Banans & Cream Pound Cake"