As a nice contrast to traditional Christmastime desserts, sweet sticky rice is a refreshing Thai treat made even better with a mango-coconut sauce.—Monnie Norasing, Mansfield, Texas
- 2 cups uncooked sweet rice
- 2 medium mangoes
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Rinse rice and place in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover with water; let stand 1 hour.
- Drain rice and return to dish; add 2 cups water. Microwave, covered, on high for 8-12 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring every 3 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and thinly slice 1/2 of a mango; reserve for serving. Peel and coarsely chop remaining mangoes.
- In a large saucepan, combine coconut milk, brown sugar and salt; cook and stir until heated through and brown sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in chopped mangoes. Cool slightly.
- Process mango mixture in batches in a blender until smooth. To serve, place warm or room temperature rice in serving dishes. Spoon sauce over rice; top with sliced mango. Yield: 8 servings (3 cups sauce).
Originally published as Sticky Rice with Mango-Coconut Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Sticky Rice with Mango-Coconut Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review