Sticky Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 7-3/4 to 8-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ICING (optional):
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 1/4 cup sugar in warm water. Add remaining sugar, warm milk, shortening, salt, eggs and 3 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down. Divide into thirds. Roll each portion into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle; spread with butter. Roll up tightly, starting at long end. Slice into 1-in. rolls. Place in three greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pans. Let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. If desired, make icing: Beat all ingredients until smooth and ice cooled rolls. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 211 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Sticky Cinnamon Rolls
"I mixed this up in my bread machine and it was overflowing but worth it! I used canola oil instead, made a very tender dough. Have saved to my favs."
"Good question nana"
"Where does the cinnamon and brown sugar go???? I presume after you spread the dough with butter????"