Sticky Caramel Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Everyone will gobble up these light and airy rolls—the caramel flavor is wonderful. Pretty as well as tasty, they will brighten breakfast or snacktime.—Frances Amundson, Gilby, North Dakota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 30 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, oil, egg, baking powder, salt and 3 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread each with 2 tablespoons butter.
- 4. Combine the sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- 5. Cut each into 12 slices. Place cut side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- 6. Remove rolls from the refrigerator and let stand for 30 minutes. In a small saucepan, combine topping ingredients. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 1 minute. Pour over dough.
- 7. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto serving plates. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 306 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 321 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC