- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, oil, egg, baking powder, salt and 3 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread each with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Cut each into 12 slices. Place cut side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Remove rolls from the refrigerator and let stand for 30 minutes. In a small saucepan, combine topping ingredients. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 1 minute. Pour over dough.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto serving plates. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forSticky Caramel Cinnamon Rolls
"These rolls are amazing! My children absolutely love them. My 7 year old son says "This is the best breakfast ever, they are even better than those other ones you make" (which are frozen ones out of a package) very impressed with this recipe...... and the caramel topping is to die for. YUMMY"
"They where good but did not have all the topping like the picture and it lacked that so I made another batch of the topping and pored it over the rolls. My husband said they tasted really good after that!"
"I am ocd when making things so it took me several hours to make it, but when it was time to get them out of the freezer and cook them they turned out amazing."
"These are the best cinnamon buns! My family often requests them, and I also make them whenever we are entertaining overnight guests, I usually make the first pan the evening I put them together and save the second pan in the fridge to serve with breakfast. I have had the recipe requested numerous times."