Everyone will gobble up these light and airy rolls—the caramel flavor is wonderful. Pretty as well as tasty, they will brighten breakfast or snacktime.—Frances Amundson, Gilby, North Dakota
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, oil, egg, baking powder, salt and 3 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread each with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Cut each into 12 slices. Place cut side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Remove rolls from the refrigerator and let stand for 30 minutes. In a small saucepan, combine topping ingredients. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 1 minute. Pour over dough.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto serving plates. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Caramel Cinnamon Rolls in Country Woman March/April 2004, p29
Reviews for Sticky Caramel Cinnamon Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review