- 2-1/4 cups pecan halves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- BREAD PUDDING:
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Whipped cream
- In a small bowl, toss pecans with brown sugar. In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Heat 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly; stir into pecan mixture.
- Remove 12 of the pecans; place on foil to cool. Transfer half of the remaining pecan mixture to a food processor; process until smooth. Add remaining pecan mixture; pulse until chopped.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugars, vanilla, cinnamon and salt until blended. Stir in bread; let stand about 15 minutes or until bread is softened. Add pecan mixture, stirring gently to swirl (do not combine completely).
- For topping, divide butter among 12 ungreased muffin cups; sprinkle with brown sugar. Spoon bread mixture into cups. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a knife near center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Run a knife around edges of cups; invert onto dessert plates. Serve warm; top with whipped cream and reserved pecans. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sticky Bread Pudding Cups in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Sticky Bread Pudding Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review