- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, ketchup, honey, Worcestershire sauce, salt, mustard, paprika, garlic and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Set aside 1 cup for basting. Cool remaining marinade.
- Pour the remaining marinade in a large resealable plastic bag; add rib. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour or until meat is tender, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sticky Bones
Sort By :
"I just knew these would not be tender with only an hour in the oven, so I put them in a slow cooker for about 7 hours. They were tender then but I did put them in the oven and basted them for another hour. The sauce was very thin and fat. They were tasty but I've had other short ribs done in the slow cooker that I liked better."
"Maybe my oven is WAY off but these were still raw after an hour in the oven. Really tough after 2+ hours. The marinade itself was fine. I may try them and cook at a lower temp for more hours."
"My husband and I love to smoke and grill baby backs, but when we bought a quarter side of beef last August, we'd come up short for a recipe for the short ribs. I was excited to find this one--it sounds like a keeper and I'll be trying it out tonight!"
"A standout recipe! Beef short ribs are cheap and tender! I didn't change anything and it came out great. Thanks, Berta Joy!"
"I made this when it was first published and got rave reviews, even from guys who usually just shoveled the food down and disappeared to watch "the game." Making it today for a friend who prides himself on his ribs and am sure it will impress."