I grew up in the heart of Nebraska cattle country and can't remember at time when I didn't cook with beef. I never had a recipe for short ribs that impressed me until this one.—Berta Joy, Gering, Nebraska
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, ketchup, honey, Worcestershire sauce, salt, mustard, paprika, garlic and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Set aside 1 cup for basting. Cool remaining marinade.
- Pour the remaining marinade in a large resealable plastic bag; add rib. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour or until meat is tender, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sticky Bones in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p45
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sticky Bones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review