Sticks 'n' Stones Salad Recipe
"Sticks" of celery and carrots tossed with water chestnuts ("stones") are nicely coated in a dill and Dijon mustard dressing in this recipe from Nancy Zicker of Port Orange, Florida. She says, "This salad is a big hit with our children - it's a great way to get them to eat their vegetables. Not only do they love the taste, but they also love the name of the recipe!"
- 5 celery ribs, julienned
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Place celery and carrots in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water. Drain thoroughly.
- Transfer to a large bowl; add the water chestnuts. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and dill. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sticks 'n' Stones Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p12
Reviews for Sticks 'n' Stones Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review