A fresh take on traditional (and sometimes lackluster) vegetable sides, zucchini, tomatoes and green peppers star in this make-ahead dish. Bubbly cheddar cheese adds a down-home feel.
Recommended: 73 Reasons to Get Behind Meatless Monday
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2/3 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place zucchini in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Layer with onion, green pepper and tomatoes. In a small bowl, combine the soup, basil and remaining salt and pepper; spread over tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Stewed Zucchini and Tomatoes in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2012, p78
Reviews for Stewed Zucchini and Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review