Stewed Vegetables and Ham Soup Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup cooked spiral pasta
- 1. In a medium saucepan, combine the tomatoes, chicken broth, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in the mixed vegetables, ham and beans. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in pasta and heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 187 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 1,332 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Stewed Vegetables and Ham Soup
"For a quick soup this is really good. I made as recipe said this time just added a sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley when I served it. I think I will add some onion next time and a little more broth. A great way to use leftover ham!"