Here's a hearty soup that's not only good but good for you as well. Because of my schedule, I need to have simple yet satisfying dishes that take little time to prepare. This one fills the bill.
Featured In: 51 Cozy Slow Cooker Soups
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup cooked spiral pasta
- In a medium saucepan, combine the tomatoes, chicken broth, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in the mixed vegetables, ham and beans. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in pasta and heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Stewed Vegetables and Ham Soup in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p52
Reviews for Stewed Vegetables and Ham Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2014
"For a quick soup this is really good. I made as recipe said this time just added a sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley when I served it. I think I will add some onion next time and a little more broth. A great way to use leftover ham!"