Stewed Tomato Pasta Recipe
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 package (12 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine the tomatoes, broth, oil and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Add pasta. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 16-18 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8-10 servings.
One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with reduced-sodium broth) equals 217 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.