- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 package (12 ounces) spiral pasta
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine the tomatoes, broth, oil and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Add pasta. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 16-18 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Stewed Tomato Pasta
"Since I now live in a retirement community, I have my own apartment. I cook for myself. I used one can Italian stewed tomatoes & I crushed the Italian seasoning. I used 2 cups plain rotini pasta and this dish came out very nicely! I'd simmered the pasta just 15 minutes on the reduced heat! Thank you for sharing this recipe! It's a great way to use up pantry items such as canned tomatoes and canned chicken broth-of course the Italian seasoning and oil which I have on hand! delowenstein"
"My picky 2 yr old loved this! So did my 9 month old. Couldn't get enough, definite win in our house!"
"Quick, easy and delicious! I used diced tomatoes instead of stewed ."
"Too easy! Very good flavor. I had use beef broth since that is all I had available. It went well with whole wheat pasta and a sprinkle of fresh parm cheese. The chunky tomatoes make this dish delicious."
"Yummy! Easy & delicious!~ Theresa"