Stewed Holiday Fruit Recipe
- 12 dried apricots
- 12 dried plums
- 1-1/2 cups apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 whole allspice
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the apricots, plums, cider, cinnamon, cloves and allspice. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Strain cider, reserving liquid; set apricots and prunes aside. Discard spices. In a small saucepan, combine the marmalade, lemon juice, butter and reserved cider. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cool. Divide apricots, prunes and bananas among serving dishes; drizzle with cooled sauce. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 259 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Stewed Holiday Fruit
"I enjoy the homey goodness of this stewed fruit when the weather is cool. I don't care for orange marmalade so I substituted apricot preserves."