Stewed Holiday Fruit Recipe
- 12 dried apricots
- 12 pitted dried plums
- 1-1/2 cups apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 whole allspice berries
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- 2. Strain cider, reserving liquid; set apricots and plums aside. Discard spices. In a small saucepan, combine marmalade, lemon juice, butter and reserved cider. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cool. Divide apricots, plums and bananas among serving dishes; drizzle with cooled sauce. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 259 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Stewed Holiday Fruit
"I enjoy the homey goodness of this stewed fruit when the weather is cool. I don't care for orange marmalade so I substituted apricot preserves."