- 12 dried apricots
- 12 pitted dried plums
- 1-1/2 cups apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 whole allspice berries
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Strain cider, reserving liquid; set apricots and plums aside. Discard spices. In a small saucepan, combine marmalade, lemon juice, butter and reserved cider. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cool. Divide apricots, plums and bananas among serving dishes; drizzle with cooled sauce. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stewed Holiday Fruit in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p10
Reviews for Stewed Holiday Fruit
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2009
"I enjoy the homey goodness of this stewed fruit when the weather is cool. I don't care for orange marmalade so I substituted apricot preserves."