Stewed Beef with Rice Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 beef flank steak (3/4 pound), cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add beef; saute 2-3 minutes longer.
- 2. Stir in the tomato sauce, vinegar, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until meat is tender and sauce is thickened. Stir in olives. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 564 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 630mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein
Reviews for Stewed Beef with Rice
"I just made this for dinner. We do not care for olives in this house so I added quartered mushrooms and some chunks of carrot. I also used stewing steak pieces. It was delicious and I will be using the leftovers in a small pie tomorrow. Steak was tender and not chewy."
"Only change I made was adding a couple teaspoons of sugar to counter the acid of tomatoes. My family liked it lots."
"I don't care for traditional beef stew at all but this is awesome! A new family favorite!"