Stewed Beef with Rice Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 beef flank steak (3/4 pound), cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add beef; saute 2-3 minutes longer.
- 2. Stir in the tomato sauce, vinegar, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until meat is tender and sauce is thickened. Stir in olives. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 564 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 630mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Stewed Beef with Rice
"Only change I made was adding a couple teaspoons of sugar to counter the acid of tomatoes. My family liked it lots."
"I don't care for traditional beef stew at all but this is awesome! A new family favorite!"