“When you come in cold and shivery from outside, count on this wonderful stew to warm you through,” says Donna Cline in Pensacola, Florida. “The tangy flavor is a nice change from traditional beef stew.” Tip: It's easiest to slice the flank steak while it's still almost frozen, Donna advises.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 beef flank steak (3/4 pound), cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add beef; saute 2-3 minutes longer.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, vinegar, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until meat is tender and sauce is thickened. Stir in olives. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Stewed Beef with Rice in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p7
Reviews for Stewed Beef with Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review