- Discard bay leaf. Combine the flour and water until smooth; stir into
- stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat. Stir
- in peas.
- For dumplings, combine biscuit mix, pimientos and chives in a bowl.
- Stir in enough milk to form a soft dough. Drop by tablespoonfuls
- onto the simmering stew. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until
- dumplings test done (do not lift lid while simmering). Serve
- immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 260 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 573 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.