- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 3/4 pound beef cubed steaks, cubed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 small potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and 1/4 teaspoon thyme. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown meat in oil on all sides. Add the water, tomato sauce, broth, potato, onion, carrots, red pepper, soup mix, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, garlic powder, pepper and remaining thyme.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes. Stir in peas. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5-10 minutes longer. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Stew for Two(1)
Sort By :
I selected 3 stars to rate this recipe. There's nothing special about it except that you really can cook stew in about an hour. It's a nice old fashioned kind of meal.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Stew Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >