- Add peas and corn; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered,
- 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine flour and enough milk to achieve a creamy, smooth paste;
- gradually add to stew. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 120 (1-cup) servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 244 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 434 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.