- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaves.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew. Add corn and peas. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 5 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Stephanie’s Slow Cooker Stew
Sort By :
The perfect beef stew!
I made this just as the recipe said and it was wonderful. Wouldn't change a thing the next time.
Tasty and simple
I left out the V8 juice and opted for a second can of beef stock. My hubby hates tomatoes!
Pretty good, but I'd go with the Classic Beef Stew Recipe on this site instead of this one. This recipe felt more like a chunky soup than a stew. I like my stew very thick with a lot more vegetables.