Stephanie’s Slow Cooker Stew Recipe
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaves.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew. Add corn and peas. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Stephanie’s Slow Cooker Stew(39)
Sort By :
I've finally found an easy and delicious slow cooker beef stew!! I would follow the recipe again, except that I would cut the celery and carrots into thick slices and not chopped. Also, I didn't have frozen corn, so I used one cup of peas. I will try it next time with both the peas and corn, although the all-peas version was just fine.
I will make this again and again. It's delicious! The only change I made was to add a teaspoon of sugar before I added the corn starch, corn and peas, because it needed something to pull the flavors together. I think this will be even better tomorrow. Delicious.
This was awesome! The only thing I did different was add ground Thyme instead of dried because that's what I had. I used the spicy V8 and added a little garlic powder. It was so delicious! I will be making this again and again!! Thanks Stephanie and Taste of Home!!
This was very good. I also added Oregano and Garlic.
Made this stew today as written with one change - didn't have frozen corn or peas but had leftover mixed vegetables so subbed 1 cup for the peas/corn. It was delicious! My hubby liked it, and he's not much on soups and stews. I will definitely make this again. So quick, easy and flavorful.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Beef Stew Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Stew Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >