Start this warming one-pot meal before you head out for the day. By the time you get home, the well-seasoned meat will be tender and mouthwatering.—Stephanie Rabbitt-Schappacher, West Chester, Ohio
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaves.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew. Add corn and peas. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Stephanie’s Slow Cooker Stew in Taste of Home February/March 2011, p45
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Stephanie’s Slow Cooker Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review