- 1 pound small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 pound brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 small turnip, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 small carrots, cut into 1/4- to 1/2-inch slices
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the vegetables in a steamer basket. Place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet. Stir in the vegetables and toss to coat evenly. In a small bowl, combine the dill, vinegar, horseradish and salt. Pour over the vegetables; toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Steamed Winter Vegetables in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p22
Reviews for Steamed Winter Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review