Steamed Salmon Kabobs Recipe
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, halved and cut into wedges
- 1 pound salmon fillets, skin removed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 whole garlic bulb, separated and peeled
- 1 large yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, parsley, pepper and salt. Thread the broccoli, onion, salmon, garlic cloves and squash onto 24 small wooden skewers; spoon lemon juice mixture over kabobs.
- 2. Place skewers in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 12-15 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork and vegetables are crisp-tender. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 58 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.