Steamed Salmon Kabobs
Guests will savor every bite of these tangy and colorful appetizer kabobs, from Kristen Strocchia of Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania. Make sure to have copies of the recipe on hand!
24 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, halved and cut into wedges
- 1 pound salmon fillets, skin removed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 whole garlic bulb, separated and peeled
- 1 large yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, parsley, pepper and
- salt. Thread the broccoli, onion, salmon, garlic cloves and squash
- onto 24 small wooden skewers; spoon lemon juice mixture over kabobs.
- Place skewers in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1
- in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 12-15 minutes or
- until salmon flakes easily with a fork and vegetables are
- crisp-tender. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 kabob equals 58 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,