Steamed Pork and Shrimp Dumplings Recipe
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops, cut up
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 whole water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- 12 romaine leaves
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Place the first 10 ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped.
- Place 2 teaspoons pork mixture in the center of a wonton wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Moisten edges with water. Bring corners of wonton wrapper over filling and twist to form a bundle; pinch edges to seal. Repeat.
- Line a steamer basket with three lettuce leaves. Arrange a fourth of the dumplings 1 in. apart over lettuce; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 10-12 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Discard lettuce. Repeat.
- Combine the sauce ingredients; serve with hot dumplings. Yield: 52 dumplings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Steamed Pork and Shrimp Dumplings
Sort By :
I made these for the first time and found them quite good but a bit bland. I think I will add a half teaspoon of red pepper to the next batch.
I made them again today for the third time. Hubby loves them, had to chase him out of the kitchen before he ate them all!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Asian Appetizers >
- Asian Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Party Appetizers >