Steamed Lemon Broccoli Recipe
- 1 large bunch broccoli, cut into spears
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a saucepan, bring 1 in. water to a boil; place broccoli in a steamer basket over the water. Cover; steam for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a skillet, saute the onion, celery and garlic in butter until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the lemon peel and juice, salt if desired, pepper and broccoli; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 105 calories, 6g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Steamed Lemon Broccoli
"Absolutely delicious! My husband loved it so much he asked for it for his Father's Day dinner!"