I first tried this sunny side dish because it seemed to be a fresh, nutritious and easy combination. Now it's the only way my husband will eat broccoli. I love to pair it with grilled meat on hot days. -Michelle Hanson, Oacoma, South Dakota
- 1 large bunch broccoli, cut into spears
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, bring 1 in. water to a boil; place broccoli in a steamer basket over the water. Cover; steam for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, saute the onion, celery and garlic in butter until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the lemon peel and juice, salt if desired, pepper and broccoli; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Steamed Lemon Broccoli in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p39
Reviews for Steamed Lemon Broccoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2013
"Absolutely delicious! My husband loved it so much he asked for it for his Father's Day dinner!"