Steamed Lemon Broccoli Recipe
I first tried this sunny side dish because it seemed to be a fresh, nutritious and easy combination. Now it's the only way my husband will eat broccoli. I love to pair it with grilled meat on hot days. -Michelle Hanson, Oacoma, South Dakota
- 1 large bunch broccoli, cut into spears
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, bring 1 in. water to a boil; place broccoli in a steamer basket over the water. Cover; steam for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, saute the onion, celery and garlic in butter until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the lemon peel and juice, salt if desired, pepper and broccoli; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Steamed Lemon Broccoli in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p39
Reviews for Steamed Lemon Broccoli(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2013
Absolutely delicious! My husband loved it so much he asked for it for his Father's Day dinner!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >