Steamed Haddock Bundles Recipe
Haddock fillets and corn are steamed inside packets made from cabbage leaves in this attractive entree from Sophie Lis. The East Peoria, Illinois reader seasons the dish with chives, parsley, vinegar and lemon-pepper.
- 4 large cabbage leaves
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 4 haddock fillets (3-1/2 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- Cook cabbage leaves in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water; pat dry.
- Place each cabbage leaf on a double layer of heavy-duty foil (about 15 in. x 12 in.). Place 1/2 cup corn on each leaf; top with a fish fillet. Sprinkle with vinegar. Combine seasonings; sprinkle over fillets.
- Wrap cabbage leaves around fish; fold foil around cabbage and seal tightly. Place the packets on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Steamed Haddock Bundles in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p14
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Steamed Haddock Bundles(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Fish Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >