Steamed Cranberry Pudding with Butter Sauce Recipe
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 cups (8 ounces) cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- BUTTER SAUCE:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1. In a bowl, combine water and baking soda. Immediately add remaining pudding ingredients; mix well. Pour batter into a well-greased 1-qt. pudding mold. (If you don't have a pudding mold, use an ovenproof bowl and cover tightly with foil.) Put a rack in the bottom of a large kettle. Place pudding mold or bowl on rack. Add boiling water to 1-in. depth. Cover kettle and boil gently, replacing water as needed. Steam 1 hour or until cake tests done. Cool for 10 minutes; unmold.
- 2. For sauce, heat all ingredients in a saucepan until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Serve pudding and sauce warm. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 300 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Steamed Cranberry Pudding with Butter Sauce
"This is exactly like my Grandmothers recipe handed down through 3 generations! We also make a lemon sauce too!"