- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 cups (8 ounces) cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- BUTTER SAUCE:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- In a bowl, combine water and baking soda. Immediately add remaining pudding ingredients; mix well. Pour batter into a well-greased 1-qt. pudding mold. (If you don't have a pudding mold, use an ovenproof bowl and cover tightly with foil.) Put a rack in the bottom of a large kettle. Place pudding mold or bowl on rack. Add boiling water to 1-in. depth. Cover kettle and boil gently, replacing water as needed. Steam 1 hour or until cake tests done. Cool for 10 minutes; unmold.
- For sauce, heat all ingredients in a saucepan until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Serve pudding and sauce warm. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Steamed Cranberry Pudding in Country December/January 1992, p53
Reviews for Steamed Cranberry Pudding with Butter Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2013
"This is exactly like my Grandmothers recipe handed down through 3 generations! We also make a lemon sauce too!"