Steamed Cranberry Pudding with Butter Sauce Recipe
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 cups (8 ounces) cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- BUTTER SAUCE:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- In a bowl, combine water and baking soda. Immediately add remaining pudding ingredients; mix well. Pour batter into a well-greased 1-qt. pudding mold. (If you don't have a pudding mold, use an ovenproof bowl and cover tightly with foil.) Put a rack in the bottom of a large kettle. Place pudding mold or bowl on rack. Add boiling water to 1-in. depth. Cover kettle and boil gently, replacing water as needed. Steam 1 hour or until cake tests done. Cool for 10 minutes; unmold.
- For sauce, heat all ingredients in a saucepan until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Serve pudding and sauce warm. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Steamed Cranberry Pudding in Country December/January 1992, p53
Reviews for Steamed Cranberry Pudding with Butter Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2013
This is exactly like my Grandmothers recipe handed down through 3 generations! We also make a lemon sauce too!