Steamed Cranberry Pudding Recipe
One Christmas, my husbanda Navy chaplain for 20 yearshad to spend the holidays overseas, away from our two children and me. At his request, I sent him this special recipe so he could have a taste of home.
- 1/2 cup light molasses
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine all pudding ingredients in order given. Pour into a well-greased 4-cup pudding mold. Place in a deep kettle on a rack. Fill kettle with boiling water to 1-in. depth; cover kettle and boil gently. Replace water as needed. Steam about 1 hour or until pudding tests done. Let stand 5 minutes before unmolding.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan. Add cream and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture begins to boil. Boil for about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Serve pudding and sauce warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Steamed Cranberry Pudding in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p71
Reviews for Steamed Cranberry Pudding(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review