Steamed Cranberry-Molasses Pudding Recipe
This old-fashioned dessert has been a family tradition during the holidays for years. My children say it's just not Christmas without it! —Millicent Tilly, Watertown, South Dakota
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- BUTTER SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Combine molasses and water; stir into dry ingredients. Fold in cranberries. Pour into a well-greased 4-cup pudding mold; cover.
- 2. Place mold on a rack in a deep stockpot; add 1 in. of hot water to pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cover and steam for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, adding water to pan as needed. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from mold.
- 3. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in sugar and cream. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Unmold pudding onto a serving plate; cut into wedges. Serve warm with sauce. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Steamed Cranberry-Molasses Pudding
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC