Steamed Cranberry-Molasses Pudding
This old-fashioned dessert has been a family tradition during the holidays for years. My children say it's just not Christmas without it! —Millicent Tilly, Watertown, South Dakota
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 1-1/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- BUTTER SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Combine molasses and water; stir into dry ingredients. Fold in
- cranberries. Pour into a well-greased 4-cup pudding mold; cover.
- Place mold on a rack in a deep stockpot; add 1 in. of hot water to
- pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cover and steam for 1 hour or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, adding water to
- pan as needed. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from mold.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in sugar and cream. Cook and
- stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until heated through.