Steamed Broccoli Recipe
I first tried this sunny side dish because it seemed to be a fresh, nutritious and easy combination. Now it's the only way my husband will eat broccoli. I love to pair it with grilled meat on hot days.
- 1 large bunch broccoli, cut into spears
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place broccoli in a steamer basket. Place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and garlic in butter for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the lemon peel and juice, salt, pepper and broccoli; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 142 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Steamed Broccoli
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC