Steamed Broccoli Florets, with a tart mustard vinaigrette, is a delightful fast-to-fix recipe from field editor Peggy Van Arsdale of Crosswicks, New Jersey. "My Aunt Marion was a wonderful cook. I have many recipes from her, including this one," Peggy pens.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Dash each salt, pepper and ground mustard
- 1 pound fresh broccoli florets
- In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, vinegar, oil, water, prepared mustard, salt, pepper and ground mustard. Set aside.
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Place in a serving bowl. Whisk dressing; drizzle over broccoli and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Steamed Broccoli Florets in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p13
Reviews for Steamed Broccoli Florets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review