Steamed Artichokes with Lemon Sauce Recipe
- 6 medium fresh artichokes
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt or salt-free seasoning blend
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1. Place the artichokes upside down in a steamer basket; place the basket in a saucepan over 1 in. of boiling water. Cover and steam for 25-35 minutes or until tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and hot pepper sauce. Cover and refrigerate. Serve with artichokes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 102 calories, trace fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 534mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 7g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 vegetable
Reviews for Steamed Artichokes with Lemon Sauce
"A++ dip. I made it with extra salt easoning plus double the pepper sauce."